Most lactation consultants recommend that you begin each feeding on the opposite breast that you began the last feeding on. Why? Well – for a variety of reasons, but most importantly, to keep your supply regulated. Your baby nurses stronger and harder when first put on your breast. So the first side, gets “a better workout” than the 2nd side. So if you started on the right for your first feeding, you’ll want to start on the left for your 2nd and so on. This way, each breast gets the strong, early stimulation from your baby’s nursing.
This will keep your supply equal in each breast and it will help you to avoid or minimize your chances of clogged ducts and mastitis.
As a new mom, we have all experienced some degree of “mommy brain” and forgetfulness – and when it comes to remembering which side you nursed on last, it can often be more difficult than one might imagine!
This is where today’s Blogiversary Celebration comes into play. Straplettes is a great invention! Made by mom and business owner, Lisa Saenz, Straplettes are cute little nursing reminders that attach right up to your bra strap. They have adorable ribbons, even cuter charms and are a special little reminder of which side you nursed on last – so that you don’t forget which side to start on next time! Because they are so beautiful, straplettes can easily be placed into your baby’s keepsake box when your nursing days are over too. Straplettes come in three different varieties – the Simply POSH Collection – which is – well…POSH, the Simply Sweet Collection – which has very sweet designs and the Simply Adorable Collection – which is – well…ADORABLE – how else would you describe a nursing reminder with a photo of your own baby on it!
As a part of our Blogiversary Celebration, Lisa has offered to give away THREE of her fantastic Straplettes to three lucky Mommy News & Views readers!
To be entered into this contest all you have to do is tell us what you currently do to remind yourself which side you nursed on last and then tell us why you think the Straplette would be a better solution – This is MANDATORY in order to be considered for a prize.
But you don’t want just one chance to win do you? How about a few more! You can enter for extra chances to win one of these great prizes by doing any of the activities below. Just be sure to come back here and leave us a comment for each one – letting us know which ones you completed.
1) Become a fan of Our Boutique on Facebook.
2) Blog about this post or our Blogiversary Celebration in general! Help us to tell other new moms about all of our great give-aways this month! Be sure to come back here and leave a comment with a link to your blog post so that we can find it! New blog posts ONLY – if you have blogged about it before, please do so again. You can find our blogiversary buttons here.
3) Spread the word! Tweet about this post and link back to it – be sure to include @MommyNews in your tweet and a link back to this page, and leave a comment here with a link to your tweet (you can do this once per day during the contest).
4) Spread the word some more! Post about this contest on facebook and tell all of your friends about it! (you can do this once per day during the contest)
5) Don’t have a blog, not on facebook or twitter? No problem, we want you to have extra chances to win too – so go ahead and send an email to any of your pregnant or nursing friends. Be sure to cc: us on your email (email@example.com) and leave a comment here too! We promise not to add anyone to any mailing lists unless they specifically request to be added.
6) Purchase any item from Straplettes– and leave a comment here with the last 4-digits of your order number. You will get 4 extra chances to win for every purchase!
That’s it! Lots of ways to win one of THREE great prizes from Straplettes!! This contest ends 11/29/09 at 5 PM. All entrants will be verified and must complete the mandatory entry before completing the ‘extra’ entries. Invalid entries will be disqualified. This contest is open to anyone with a US-Based Mailing Address. Winner must respond to email within 48 hours or we reserve the right to choose another winner.